Wednesday 19 August 2015

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens...

This is my new official "find" of the century.  I've been trying to buy ( or have constructed) ledge and brace cottage doors to replace the uninteresting ones we currently have in the cottage.  New doors are very expensive, and I haven't been looking forward to the wait to have them built.  Then today I find an ad on donedeal.ie for these beauties!!!  I was on it like a flash, and although it took nearly 3 hours to collect them, it was well worth it.



They also came with all the old fashioned black handles and hinges that we removed for transporting them.  Can you believe that I got FIVE of these in my little Toyota Verso?


It was a tight squeeze and a snug ride back from beautiful Clonakilty, but I am so happy with my doors!  And the best part, I got all 5 for €120!  The hardware alone costs more than that if you buy it new.  I usually leave the bargaining to my hubby Seamus, but with him out of town, I had to go this one on my own.  Not too bad for my first try. 

So the next question is, do I paint them white or leave them natural?  Let me know your thoughts.

I'll post pics once the doors are up in the cottage, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment